Saturday, January 9, 2010

Post January 8 Post...

January 8, a day of shame to some of Malaysians. The acts were stupid, immature and unreligious. 3 churches were hit, cars were smashed. What a civilized society Malaysians are.

At 7.58pm, while I am on my way to Seremban to meet up with Cherry who was awaiting for me since 5pm, my pant was vibrate.. Opps! Not my pant but the phone in my pant vibrated. Woke me up from tiredness of a busy Friday. Thought it was another message from cherry. However, I received it from one of my coursemate. It stated “Pls remove rosaries and all religious articles from your cars now. They are smashing cars with Christian articles. Started all over Bangsar… Protest going on now in PJ n Shah Alam. Pls forward urgently to all Christians.” (Don’t know whether the sms is a truth or not, or someone trying to make the situation even more tensed.)

For those who read this and don’t know what going on, please make your way to the nearest newspaper stand and grab a copy of paper or switch on your tv watch the news or for those who same as me, you can read the news from any news portal in the internet, Malaysiakini, Malaysian Insider, The Star online.. you can pick any!

For those who is extremist and fanatic that can’t take any comment and views from others please leave this blog as soon as possible, I don’t need you to generate my traffic for my Nuffnang cheque. Fair comments on this issue are always welcome.

Story begin with the KDN stopped The Herald (Malay version), a local christian/catholic Magazine that sold up to 15,000 copies every issue from using “Allah” as to referring to their god. The license to publish is retained, and for sure, the publisher makes an action to the court to continue using it. Last week, at the High Court, Justice XXX make the judgment and allowed the plaintiff to continue using “Allah” in their publishing.

Most of the west Malaysians, ignorance about the use of this term in the Malay publishing of Christianity books, magazine…etc. Actually for all this while, it had been using the word “Allah” to refer to God in Christian. Salute to east Malaysians which all this while have been open enough to share the word to use it together no matter Christian or Muslim.

Today after I read about the hit to churches around PJ and KL, I dare not to talk about it with my Muslim worry of big responses from them. However, today after the talk with Chief Registrar of Court, Sufri Safuan, a Malay from Sabah is kind enough to send me home as there was raining. Out of sudden, he talked about the news with me. I knew that Sufri is a open-minded person and know that Sabahan had been used to the use of “Allah” by Christian and I continue to discuss with him on the topic. Do you know where is the most safe place in Malaysia if there is riot on this issue?? According to sufri’s mother, it is going to be Sabah. Why? See this article and you will get the answer. http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/121232

Give and take. Be moderate. A country like Malaysia can’t exist with toleration between the races, religion…etc. We are different, yet we are the same. The sentiment of differential should be less and lesser by time passing by. 52+ years of independent should sort out the problem in the mature way which definitely not including violence acts.

Why all this happened? I don’t know the exact answer. Because of The Herald? Because of the High court judgment? But above all is the mentality and the thinking of Malaysian. Even if you against something, show it in the proper ways, there are a lots more ways to do it violence causing chaos to the society.

RAY~

RAY~
Fully Utilise Freedom of Expression